Shanterra has impacted the lives of over 10,000 students at various schools, colleges, leadership camps and educational programs throughout the country with messages of hope, self-empowerment and community action.
Her clients include:
• Academy of Holy Cross, Rockville, MD
• Arizona School Counselors Association, Mesa, AZ
• Bullis School, Potomac, MD
• Camp Arrowhead, Lewes, DE
• Connelly School of the Holy Child, Potomac, MD
• Corte Madera School, Portola Valley, CA
• Culver Academy, Culver, IN
• Dallas Women’s Foundation, Dallas, TX
• DC Children & Youth Investment Trust Corporation, Washington, DC
• Flint Hill School, Fairfax, VA
• Forest Ridge School, Bellavue, WA
• Girls’ Leadership Camp, Meriden, NH
. Gunnery School, Washington, CT
• Imagine Me, Ministries, Baltimore, MD
• Ivy and Pearls Foundation, Palo Alto, CA
• Jack and Jill of America, Northern California, Santa Clara, CA
• Kimball Union Academy, Meriden, NH
• Madeira School, McLean, VA
• Maryland School Counselors Association, Baltimore, MD
• Melvin Hebrew Academy, Rockville, MD
• National Association of Episcopal Schools, National conference (Baltimore)
• Our Lady of Good Counsel School, Olney, MD
• Palmetto Kids Music & Arts Academy, Conway, SC
• Porter Gaud School, Charleston, SC
• Sacred Heart Preparatory, Atherton, CA
• Saint Anne’s Episcopal School, Middletown, DE
• Sidwell Friends, Washington, DC
Shanterra McBride reminded me of how amazing it was to be a girl! Her talk was not only inspirational but eye opening. Her self-empowerment radiated off of her and went to all of us girls who had the pleasure of listening to her.
Juliet Faris, EHS ’19
Shanterra McBride has a way with people. Whether children, adolescents, parents, or grandparents, her profound message leaves her diverse audiences educated and motivated to soar! She promises her groups that she will not bore them, and in return, asks her audience to not bore her! This hilarious beginning to her talks, grasps the audience and immediately engages them in her stories, lessons, and advice. She is humble yet confident, and kind yet strong. She is the definition of a role model. I highly recommend Shanterra as a keynote speaker and a workshop facilitator for camps, schools, families, and communities looking to reflect, learn and be inspired!
-Brooklyn Raney, ridiculously good looking Dean of Students and bomb Director of the Girls’ Leadership Camp
Everything about Ms. McBride’s speaking event was enjoyable. She not only connected with our middle school and upper school students, but her message was beneficial for the faculty and staff as well.
-Terra Burke, Associate Director of Admissions & Director of Community Outreach, Porter Gaud School, Charleston, SC
Ms. McBride’s energy and information were greatly appreciated. The delivery was perfectly balanced with the blend of real-life experiences and research. Her connection with the school world was evident and appreciated.
-Guidance Counselor, Burlington, Connecticut
-Morgen Fisher, Associate Dean, Gunnery School, Washington, CT
I’ve had the privilege of facilitating and being facilitated by Shanterra: on either side of that relationship, we’re always learning and growing together. As for her work with students, which I’ve had some opportunity to observe, the understanding, connection, and mutual respect are abundantly evident. This is a woman with big love and wisdom to share.
-Alison Park, Blink Consulting
Thank you so much for an outstanding presentation. I loved it! It was not only most helpful to me as a School Counselor but as a mother of a 13-year-old. Thank you for expressing many of the ideas I try to communicate to my daughter and the middle school students I work with.
-School Counselor, Dayville, Connecticut